Financial Partners, Inc.
Project Manager III
Summary of Position
The Project Manager III is accountable for all aspects of the development and implementation of assigned projects in the delivery of technical solutions to FPI clients. Provides a single point of contact. Takes projects from original concept through final implementation.
Is accountable for overall direction, coordination, monitoring, execution, implementation, and completion of assigned projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, work plan, and goals.
Develops detailed work plans, schedules, project estimates, resources plans, and status reports. Conducts project meetings and is responsible for project tracking and analysis. Ensures adherence to quality standards and reviews project deliverables. Manages
the integration of tasks and tracks and reviews deliverables. Provides technical and analytical guidance to project team members.
Key tasks include the tracking and coordination of critical project schedules and milestones, as well as risks and contingencies. Must have working experience managing large data conversion projects.
Must be familiar with the system scope and project objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member, in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team. Is further accountable for effective stakeholder communications, appropriate
risk monitoring and mitigation, and timely escalation if needed.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Proactively lead discussions (internally and with stakeholders / customers / executive leadership) to identify business requirements contributing to project scope definition and success criteria.
- Manage assigned projects to completion within scope, schedule and budget. Assigned projects are typically larger, more complex, work plan initiatives, involving multiple functional areas and diverse / distributed teams. Appropriate vendor management may
be required on some assigned projects.
- Define project scope, budget, timelines and milestones that support the business goal.
- Plan, track and manage project schedules, tasks, and action items following FPIs project management methodologies and utilizing common repository.
- Track, measure and report progress in achieving stated goals.
- Identify project risks and develop mitigation plans.
- Lead kickoff meetings and other appropriate launch activities to support group understanding and objectives.
- Organize and lead check-point meetings providing regular project status updates.
- Clearly communicate expectations to team members and stakeholders.
- Manage escalations and resolve resource and commitment conflicts as necessary.
- Lead, coach, and motivate project team members on a proactive basis.
- Lead in the design and implementation of new business processes and procedures as needed.
- A Bachelor's degree in Software, Systems, or Computer Science or equivalent.
- PMP Certification preferred.
- At least 7 years of project management experience working for an enterprise software company, preferably in the financial services / banking industry.
- Experience leading and managing large, complex projects with distributed teams.
- Experience with technology mergers, integrations or data conversions
- Strong knowledge and understanding of business needs, with the ability to establish and maintain a high level of customer trust and confidence.
- Proven leadership skills and experience. Demonstrated ability to persuade, encourage and motivate team members.
- Proven success working with aggressive schedules and ambiguous requirements.
- Self-motivated and results oriented; able to manage multiple competing priorities and tasks effectively; able to work effectively with hard deadlines.
- Excellent communication, problem solving and analytical skills.
- US Citizenship or Permanent Resident
- Occasional travel
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at HR@financialpartners.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.